Fair Housing Conference 2020
FHCCI’s 8th Annual Fair Housing Conference
Thursday, April 9, 2020 from 9:00 AM – 3:30 PM
Marriott East – Indianapolis, Indiana
DATE/TIME: The FHCCI’s 8th Annual Fair Housing Conference will be held on Thursday, April 9, 2020 at the Marriott East in Indianapolis from 9:00 AM to 3:30 PM. This year’s conference theme is Turning the Dream of Fair Housing Into Reality. Registration opens at 8:00 AM. The conference will begin promptly at 9:00 AM. Please arrive by 8:30 AM to receive your registration materials and enjoy your breakfast.
KEYNOTE SPEAKER: We are pleased to welcome Lisa Rice, CEO of the National Fair Housing Alliance as this year’s keynote speaker. Founded in 1988 and headquartered in Washington DC, the National Fair Housing Alliance (NFHA) is the nation’s only national civil rights agency solely dedicated to eliminating all forms of housing discrimination. NFHA is also the trade association for over 200 member organizations across the country that work to eliminate barriers in the housing markets and expand equal housing and lending opportunities. NFHA provides a range of programs to affirmatively further fair housing including community development, neighborhood stabilization, training, education, outreach, advocacy, consulting and enforcement initiatives.
Ms. Rice is a member of the Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights Board of Directors, JPMorgan Chase Consumer Advisory Council, Mortgage Bankers Association’s Consumer Advisory Council, Freddie Mac Affordable Housing Advisory Council, Urban Institute’s Mortgage Servicing Collaborative, Quicken Loans Advisory Committee, and America’s Homeowner Alliance Advisory Board.
AGENDA: This year’s conference will also feature FIFTEEN workshop options for attendees to choose from based on rental, sales, and lending fair housing topics. Workshops will cover the following topic areas:
- Fair Housing Disability Case Law Update
- Fair Lending Update
- National Origin Based Housing Discrimination
- Indiana Public Policy/General Assembly Update
- Implicit Bias Training
- Sexual Harassment in Housing
- Disability Barriers & Accessibility Requirements
- Criminal History and Fair Housing
- The Impact of Housing Discrimination
- Fair Housing in Tax Credit/Rural Housing
- Lending/Sales Hot Topics
- Housing Barriers (Source of Income/Evictions)
- Health and Housing Impact
- Senior Housing Issues
- And more – see the agenda below!
For a detailed agenda, click here. Please note that the workshops and schedule are subject to change.
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS: The FHCCI has submitted applications for continuing education for attorneys and social workers. These credits have been approved in previous years. Watch this page for updates as credits are confirmed. Or, contact the FHCCI for any updates.
- Legal Credits: 5 Legal Credits APPROVED – Info Here
- Social Work: 4.25 NASW Social Work Continuing Education Hours APPROVED – Info Here
CONFERENCE COST: The registration cost for this all-day event is only $40/person if registered on or by March 8, 2020. After this date, the cost will be $55/person. This registration cost assists the FHCCI with the costs of the keynote speaker, food, and beverage. This registration cost includes the workshops, keynote, continental breakfast, food and beverage breaks, and lunch. Due to hotel meal count requirements, we are unable to provide refunds after March 20, 2020.
ROOM BLOCK: The FHCCI has a small room block at the Marriott East. The cost is $130/room plus applicable taxes. Contact Amy at the FHCCI for more info.
PARKING: Parking at the conference center/hotel is free.
REGISTRATION: To register for the conference, click here. Registration is required. Space is limited. Your registration is not considered complete until payment is received.
- Those who want to send checks instead of an online payment, should register online, choose the check option, and mail payment to the FHCCI. Please note our mailing address of 445 N. Pennsylvania Street, Suite 811, Indianapolis, IN 46204. Checks must be received on or by 3/20/20.
- If you have any problems in completing your registration or need an alternative option, please contact Brady at the FHCCI.
- Please be sure to note any reasonable accommodation or dietary needs in the applicable area of your registration or contact the FHCCI.
SCHOLARSHIPS: The FHCCI has a limited number of scholarships to waive the conference registration cost. These scholarships are available to interested students and persons of low incomes. Contact Amy at the FHCCI for more info.
ACCOMMODATIONS FOR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES: Please contact Brady at the FHCCI if any accommodations are needed or note on your registration. Alternate formats of materials will be available upon request for those with disabilities.
SPONSORS: We are once again appreciative of the many sponsors for this year’s conference. Without their generous support, we could not put on an event of this quality at affordable registration fees. Our current sponsors include (please note several are pending so check back for updates):
(Note: Several sponsors pending final levels)
QUESTIONS: If you have any questions about the conference, contact the FHCCI. We hope to see you on April 9th at this informative fair housing event!
Date(s) - Apr 9 2020
9:00 AM - 3:30 PM