Below are various resources related to zoning which impact fair housing choice.
- FHCCI Fact Sheet 14 – Ensuring Fair and Affordable Housing Through Zoning
- FHCCI Fact Sheet 11 – Visitability: Ensuring Homes are Accessible for People with Disabilities
- HUD and DOJ Joint Statement on State and Local Land Use Laws and Practices and the Application of the Fair Housing Act, November 10, 2016
- HUD Office of General Counsel Guidance on Application of Fair Housing Act Standards to the Enforcement of Local Nuisance and Crime-Free Housing Ordinances Against Victims of Domestic Violence, Other Crime Victims, and Others Who Require Police or Emergency Services, September 13, 2016
- HUD Inclusionary Zoning and Mixed-Income Communities Fact Sheet
- Zoning and Group Homes: Joint Statement of the DOJ and HUD on Group Homes, Local Land Use and the Fair Housing Act, August 18, 1999
- Grounded Solutions Network Inclusionary Zoning Page
- Inclusionary Zoning Frequently Asked Questions by Grounded Solutions Network
- Village of Arlington Heights v. Metropolitan Housing Development Corp. (US Supreme Court 1977)
- Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs v. Inclusive Communities Project (US Supreme Court 2015)
- Reflections on Moving Toward Integration and Modern Exclusionary-Zoning Cases Under the Fair Housing Act, Robert G. Schwemm, 2020.
- How Local Governments Use Nuisance Ordinances to Maintain Segregation, Shriver Center, April 2018.
- How Local Nuisance Ordinances and Crime Free Leases Undermine Communities, Sandra Park, October 2016.
- Addressing Community Opposition to Affordable Housing: A Fair Housing Toolkit, Pratt, Sara and Michael Allen, 2004.
- Why Not in Our Backyard?, Michael Allen, Planning Commissioners Journal, Winter 2002
- Using Civil Rights Law to Advance Affordable Housing, The NIMBY Report, National Low Income Housing Coalition, 2002
- Getting to YIMBY: Lessons in Yes in My Backyard, The NIMBY Report, National Low Income Housing Coalition, 2003
- Indiana HB 558 (2017): Makes it unlawful for Indiana cities to pass inclusionary zoning policies targeting affordable housing.