Fair Housing Conference 2023
FHCCI’s 11th Annual Fair Housing Conference (Virtual)
Wednesday, April 12, 2023
9:00 AM – 4:45 PM (ET)
VIRTUAL EVENT! REGISTRATION IS OPEN!
DATE/TIME: The FHCCI’s 11th Annual Fair Housing Conference will be held on Wednesday, April 12, 2023 from 9:00 AM to 4:45 PM (ET). This year’s conference theme is Fair Housing: Making Every Zip Code an Opportunity. The conference will begin promptly at 9:00 AM and is a VIRTUAL event. Paid and/or confirmed registrants will receive a link to the conference platform in the week prior to the conference.
KEYNOTE SPEAKER: Jillian White is the CEO and Founder of Appraisal Insights. Over the last two decades, she has led a successful career as an executive and entrepreneur in the real estate appraisal industry. As an SRA designated appraiser, Ms. White currently serves on The Appraisal Institute’s Government Relations Committee, as Trustee of The Appraisal Foundation’s Board of Trustees and is a former member of the New York State Appraisal Board.
She began her career as founder and CEO of White Picket Fence Appraisals, a residential real estate appraisal company based in New York. Motivated by her experience as one of the industry’s few Black female appraisers, and having to ‘whitewash’ her own family’s home in order to facilitate the sale, Ms. White has made it her personal mission to educate and empower all homeowners. She received a B.A. in Neuroscience and Behavior from Columbia University.
AGENDA: This year’s conference will also feature FIFTEEN workshop options for attendees to choose from based on rental, sales, and lending fair housing topics. Workshops will cover the following topic areas:
- Fair Lending Update
- Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing (AFFH)
- Disability Case Law
- Appraisal Bias
- Different Types of Tenant Screening and Possible Fair Housing Issues
- Fair Housing & Sales Transactions
- Race and National Origin Discrimination in Rentals
- Sexual Harassment in Housing
- Racial Wealth Gaps and Fair Housing Implications
- and several hot topics exploring fair housing issues!
Download the agenda here. Please note that the workshops and schedule are subject to change.
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS: The FHCCI has sought approval for 6.3 continuing education for Indiana attorneys. Info below:
- Legal Credits: 6.3 Legal Credits APPROVED for Indiana attorneys – if you are from out of state, check with your Commission for reciprocity options. Credit approval information here.
PLEASE follow the directions within the conference platform to ensure you receive your credits.
CONFERENCE COST: The registration cost for this all-day event is only $40/person if registered on or by March 11, 2023. After this date, the cost will be $55/person. We are unable to provide refunds after March 31, 2023.
REGISTRATION: To register for the conference, click here. Registration is required. Space is limited. Your registration is not considered complete until payment is received. All registered and paid attendees will receive an email in the week before the conference which will include information on how to access the conference platform. Please check your spam/junk folders in case the email goes there.
- Those who want to send checks instead of an online payment, should register online, choose the check option, and mail payment to the FHCCI. Please note our mailing address of 445 N. Pennsylvania Street, Suite 811, Indianapolis, IN 46204. Checks must be received on or by 3/31/23.
- If you have any problems in completing your registration or need an alternative option, please contact Erika at the FHCCI.
- Please be sure to note any reasonable accommodation in the applicable area of your registration or contact the FHCCI.
SCHOLARSHIPS: The FHCCI has a limited number of scholarships to waive the conference registration cost. These scholarships are available to interested students and persons of low incomes. Contact Amy at the FHCCI for more info.
ACCOMMODATIONS FOR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES: Please contact Erika at the FHCCI if any accommodations are needed or note on your registration. Alternate formats of materials will be available upon request for those with disabilities.
SPONSORS: We are once again appreciative of the many sponsors for this year’s conference. Without their generous support, we could not put on an event of this quality at affordable registration fees. Our current sponsors include (please note several are pending so check back for updates):
Indiana Housing & Community Development Authority (IHCDA)
Central Indiana Realtist Association (CIRA)
This event is also made possible by the support of the U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development.
PAST CONFERENCES: Want to learn about previous FHCCI conferences? Visit our events pages: 2022 Conference, 2021 Conference, 2020 Conference, 2019 Conference, 2018 Conference, 2017 Conference, 2016 Conference, 2015 Conference, 2014 Conference
QUESTIONS: If you have any questions about the conference, contact the FHCCI. We hope to see you on April 12th at this informative fair housing event!
Date(s) - Apr 12 2023
9:00 AM - 4:45 PM