Fair Housing Conference 2018
FHCCI’s 6th Annual Fair Housing Conference
Wednesday, April 4, 2018 from 9:00 AM – 3:30 PM
Celebrating 50 Years of Fair Housing
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN – CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
DATE/TIME: The FHCCI’s 6th Annual Fair Housing Conference will be held on Wednesday, April 4, 2018 at the Marriott East in Indianapolis from 9:00 AM to 3:30 PM. This year’s conference theme is Celebrating 50 Years of Fair Housing. Registration opens at 8:00 AM. The conference will begin promptly at 9:00 AM. Please arrive by 8:30 AM to receive your registration packet and breakfast.
PLENARY SPEAKERS: We are pleased to have TWO speakers during our Afternoon Plenary Program: Anna Maria Farías, Assistant Secretary for Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity at the U. S. Department of Housing & Urban Development and Kevin Boyle, author of Arc of Justice: A Saga of Race, Civil Rights and Murder in the Jazz Age, which received the National Book Award for nonfiction.
AGENDA: This year’s conference will also feature FIFTEEN workshop options for attendees to choose from based on rental, sales, lending, and zoning fair housing topics. This is an increase from the ten workshops at last year’s conference. Workshops will cover the following topic areas:
- Fair Housing Hot Topics
- Fair Housing Disability Case Law Update including Animals Needed for Disabilities, and Independent Living Frequently Asked Questions
- The Cost of Segregation
- Fair Housing in Sales
- Fair Lending including a Lending Law and Redlining Update
- Fair Housing and Criminal History Challenges
- Sexual Harassment in Housing
- LGBTQ Housing Rights
- National Origin Based Housing Discrimination
- Evictions and Racial Bias
- Indiana Public Policy Update
- Fair Housing for Senior Housing
- Indiana Civil Rights Commission Update
- History of Fair Housing through Racial Covenants, an Exhibit, and More!
- And more – see the agenda below!
For a more detailed agenda, click here. Please note that the workshops and schedule are subject to change.
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS: The FHCCI has submitted applications for continuing education for attorneys, social workers, and real estate. Previous FHCCI conferences have received this approval but watch this page for updates as credits are confirmed. Or, contact the FHCCI for any updates.
- Legal Credits: 5.1 Legal Credits have been approved!
- Real Estate: Approved for 4 hours of CE. Course #: CE21400003
- Social Work: 5.25 NASW Social Work Continuing Education Hours have been approved!
CONFERENCE COST: The registration cost for this all-day event is only $40/person if registered on or by March 4, 2018. After this date, the cost will be $55/person. This registration cost assists the FHCCI with the costs of the keynote speaker, food, and beverage. This registration cost includes the workshops, keynote, continental breakfast, food and beverage breaks, and lunch. Due to hotel meal count requirements, we are unable to provide refunds after March 20, 2018.
PARKING: Parking at the conference center/hotel is free.
SLEEPING ROOMS: There is a small block of sleeping rooms for the evening of April 3, 2018 available at the Marriott East for $138 plus tax. Just mention the Fair Housing Conference for this great rate. Please contact the Marriott East directly at 317-352-1231 for details. This block expires on March 2, 2018 so be sure to reserve any sleeping rooms promptly.
REGISTRATION: To register for the conference, click here. Registration is required. Space is limited. Your registration is not considered complete until payment is received.
- Those who want to send checks instead of an online payment, should register online, choose the check option, and mail payment to the FHCCI. Please note our mailing address of 445 N. Pennsylvania Street, Suite 811, Indianapolis, IN 46204. Checks must be received on or by 3/20/18.
- If you have any problems in completing your registration or need an alternative option, please contact Brady at the FHCCI.
- Please be sure to note any reasonable accommodation or dietary needs in the applicable area of your registration or contact the FHCCI.
ACCOMMODATIONS FOR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES: Please contact Brady at the FHCCI if any accommodations are needed or note on your registration. Alternate formats of materials will be available upon request for those with disabilities.
SPONSORS: Your registration fee does not cover all the per person meal costs and associated expenses. Without the sponsorship of so many organizations, we would not be able to provide this affordable conference registration rate. A BIG thank you to our sponsors for making this event possible and allowing persons across income levels to attend!
This conference is presented with the generous support of the following community sponsors:*
Fifth Third Bank
Indiana Governor’s Council for People with Disabilities
Indiana Housing & Community Development Authority (IHCDA)
City of Indianapolis-Department of Metropolitan Development
Indiana Civil Rights Commission
Indiana Statewide Independent Living Council (INSILC)
(INSILC is graciously providing ASL interpretation at the conference)
Marion County Public Health Department
Managed Health Services (MHS)
MIBOR Realtor Association
Nonprofit or Other Sponsors
accessABILITY, Center for Independent Living
Back Home in Indiana Alliance
Central Indiana Realtist Association
Children’s Bureau, Inc.
Goodin Abernathy LLP
Indianapolis Neighborhood Housing Partnership (INHP)
National Bank of Indianapolis
Neighborhood Christian Legal Clinic
Shalom Health Care Center
U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development (HUD)
*Other Sponsors Pending. If you are interested in conference sponsorship, contact Amy at the FHCCI.
PAST CONFERENCES: Want to learn about previous FHCCI conferences? Visit our events pages: 2017 Conference, 2016 Conference, 2015 Conference, 2014 Conference
QUESTIONS: If you have any questions about the conference, contact the FHCCI. We hope to see you on April 4th at this informative fair housing event!
Date(s) - Apr 4 2018
8:30 AM - 3:30 PM