FHCCI Grants Program – Homeowner Accessibility
The Fair Housing Center of Central Indiana through the Central Indiana Accessibility Partnership Project is accepting applications from Marion County* homeowners with disabilities or signs of aging for accessibility home modifications to support aging in place. Grants are estimated at up to $10,000 per home.
*A limited number of project funds are also available for homeowners in Boone, Hamilton, Hendricks, and Johnson Counties.
To be eligible for funding consideration, the household must:
- Have a person or persons in the home who meet the definition of disability under the federal Fair Housing Act or have a person 55 years and older with conditions of aging.
- Be current with real estate taxes or have an agreement for payment of all delinquent real estate taxes.
- Be current with any mortgage or have a modification plan in place.
- Be less than or equal to 80% of the area median income for the Indianapolis metro area. This includes gross income from employment, social security, disability payments, retirement or other forms of income for all household members.
Download a homeowner application here. The Central Indiana Accessibility Parternship Project is a coalition of nonprofit agencies working to increase housing accessibility. Project partners include:
- Back Home in Indiana Alliance
- Easter Seals Crossroads, Indianapolis
- Fair Housing Center of Central Indiana (FHCCI)
- Rebuilding Together Indianapolis
- Servants at Work (SAWs)
Contact the FHCCI with any questions.